See, touch, smell, hear and move with your favorite stories as they come to life through creative play activities. Classes and public events are led by professional storytellers who specialize in early childhood. Spellbound Explorer classes will spark your child's creativity and curiosity through song, puppetry, and creative play. Each week children and adults will dive into a story at class, and learn new art-based literacy activities to do at home.
Explore one story a week through song, story, and play. Children will have a chance to socialize, develop pre-literacy and imaginative skills, and learn new stories. Grown-ups will have a chance to learn stories and songs that they can do at home. Each week is a new story and theme, explored through art-based play.
Mondays, 11am (45 min) -
Birth Day Presence (182 8th Avenue, Bklyn)
- March 13 - "Magic Colors"
- March 20 - "Our favorite stories"
- March 27 - "Making a meal together"
- April 3 - "What is a puppet?"
- April 10 - NO CLASS - SPRING BREAK
- April 17 - NO CLASS - SPRING BREAK
- April 24 - "Silly Dances"
- May 1 - "If I could be anything..."
- May 8 - "Rainbow Magic"
- May 15 - "Spring Celebration"
- May 22 - "Circus Stars"
- May 29 - MEMORIAL DAY - no class
Spellbound Explorer classes are drop-in - you can pay by cash or credit card in person at class.
- Single classes: $15/one child, $22/siblings
- 8-class pack: $100/one child, $146/siblings
Spellbound Explorers is a mixed-age class. Classes are designed to engage a wide range of ages and developmental stages, but are most enjoyable for ages 9 months through 3 years. We encourage a mix of ages to allow for multiple methods of exploration and problem-solving, and to welcome families with siblings of various ages. All children over 4 months must be registered.
Spellbound Theatre is a not-for-profit and our public class programs are subsidized by private financial and in-kind donations. To support these programs, please make a tax-deductible donation here.